Thursday, April 11, 2013

Notes to live by

In my readings, I come across many quotes that catch my attention.  Often, it will warrant a highlight or a mark on the page (though it is a bit more difficult with an e-reader).  Others are ones that I want to take with me, and so I write them in a notebook.  Still others, I feel as if I need to keep them before my eyes on a more regular basis.  So, if you were to look at all the post-its, scraps of paper and the like posted above and around my computer, you would find them.  Some of them eventually make their way into my notebook after they have served their purpose or I find another one that conveys a similar message.

Here are a few of the quotes:
"Relying on God has to begin every day as if nothing had yet been done." (C.S. Lewis)

"The Church needs to develop a spirituality of mission, learning to discern, discover, participate, be patient and be dependant on God's grace." (Carlos F. Cardoza-Orlandi)

Others are prayers:
"Use me, God.  show me how to take who I am, who I want to be, and what I can do, and use it for a purpose greater than myself." (Martin Luther King, jr.)

"Gracious and holy God, give us wisdom to percieve you, diligence to seek you, patience to wait for you, eyes to behold you, a heart to meditate on you, and a life to proclaim you; through the power of the Spirit of Jesus Christ our Savior."  (A prayer of St. Benedict)

Reflect upon these quotes - do they speak to your own journey of faith and if so, why? 
What other quotes have you found to be inspirational or helpful in your life? 
Share those here with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment